When it comes to mirrors, many people think that they are only for use in the bathroom. However, mirrors can be used in a variety of different rooms in your home, including the bedroom. When choosing the perfect spot for your bedroom mirror, there are a few things you need to take into consideration. This blog post will discuss the different factors you need to consider when placing a mirror in your bedroom and provide some tips on how to choose the perfect spot!
Why do you need to Hang A Mirror in a Bedroom?
Hanging a mirror in your bedroom is not just a decorative element, it can also have several practical benefits.
- Lighting – A great way to make the most of natural light streaming in through windows is to hang a large mirror opposite the window. This will reflect and amplify the light, making any room brighter and more inviting.
- Space Illusion – Hanging full-length mirrors can make your bedroom look bigger by creating an illusion of space. It’s especially helpful for small or cramped bedrooms where extra square footage isn’t an option.
- Atmosphere – The right kind of mirror can give off a certain vibe that you may be looking for in your bedroom design like a romantic atmosphere.
- Dressing Area – Adding a full-length mirror to your bedroom is a great way to create an instant dressing area. Whether it’s an individual standing mirror or one that is attached to a dresser, having the convenience of being able to check yourself while you get ready will come in handy when dealing with last-minute outfit changes.
- Functionality – Mirrors can also be used as a functional design element by creating extra storage and space for other items like jewelry or makeup. Wall-mounted mirrors are ideal for this purpose and can help keep your room organized.
Overall, hanging a mirror in the bedroom can not only add more beauty but also give practical benefits such as lighting, atmosphere control, and functionality. With careful consideration of the size, color, shape, and placement of the mirror in your bedroom, you can create the perfect atmosphere for relaxation and rejuvenation .
How to Hang a Mirror in a Bedroom?
Hanging up a mirror in your bedroom is actually quite easy if you have all the right tools and equipment. Here are some handy tips to help you get started:
- Choose the Right Spot – Before buying or hanging any mirror, make sure to measure the wall and figure out where you would like the mirror to be placed. Make sure that it is not too close to windows or doors as this will cause unwanted glares throughout the day. Also, think about how much light it will receive and try to place it in a spot where you will have the best reflection.
- Prepare the Wall – Before hanging up the mirror, make sure to prepare the wall by cleaning it and sanding away any rough patches. This will help make sure that your mirror is secure when mounted.
- Attach Mirror Hooks – Once you’ve chosen the perfect spot for your mirror, attach some strong adhesive hooks to the back of it. Make sure to use heavy-duty ones that can hold up against weight and vibration as these two factors put a lot of strain on a mirror’s frame.
- Install the Mirror – Now that you’ve attached all the hooks, take your level or measuring tape and mark the wall with a pencil where the hooks should go. Then, take your drill and make pilot holes into the wall before finally screwing in each hook with a screwdriver.
- Hang Up the Mirror – Now it’s time to hang up the mirror! Take your two hands and place them behind the mirror frame at either side before carefully attaching each hook to their respective screws on the wall. Make sure that everything is level and secure before you let go of the frame.
Find the Perfect Shape of a Mirror in a Bedroom
Long mirrors can be a great way to add a decorative touch and make your bedroom look larger. Long rectangular or oval mirrors are perfect for hanging above the bed, or on either side of the dresser or vanity. They can also be hung vertically in narrow spaces like doorways and hallways. For a more modern look, you could opt for an arched floor mirror that stands beside the bed.
For something softer and more intimate, round mirrors are perfect for creating a cozy atmosphere in a bedroom. Round mirrors come in all sizes and styles with different frames, making it easy to find one that matches your decorating style. Hang them above bedside tables, on the walls near windows, or even use several to create an interesting gallery wall.
If you’re looking for something more eclectic and unique, consider creating a mirror mosaic as a focal point in your bedroom. This can be done with multiple small round or square mirrors, or even broken pieces of glass. You can use adhesive to attach the pieces to a wooden board and then hang it on your wall or mount it to the ceiling. This is sure to be an eye-catching addition to any room!
Angular mirrors can add a sharp and modern touch to your bedroom. Mirrors shaped like triangles, diamonds, or hexagons are an interesting way to create visual interest in the room. You can hang them above the bed or dresser, or even use several small angular mirrors to create a mural on your wall.
For a more playful and whimsical look, curved mirrors are a great choice. These are often used to create the illusion of depth in a room, and they come in all sorts of shapes like circular, oval, and heart-shaped. Hang them above the bed for an interesting feature or hang several around the room for a beautiful effect.
Best Places To Hang A Mirror In Small Bedrooms
Behind The Door
Hanging a mirror behind the door of your small bedroom is an excellent way to make it seem bigger. This is because when you open the door, you will be able to see more of the space in the room. You can hang a full-length mirror or even just a smaller one. If you have limited wall space, this is a great option for making your bedroom look larger and brighter.
Above The Headboard
Another great place to hang a mirror in small bedrooms is above the headboard. This can give your bed area an interesting focal point that reflects light into the room and makes it seem bigger than it is. You could also choose to hang multiple mirrors above your headboard to create an eye-catching display that will make your bedroom feel bigger.
Above The Dresser
If you have a dresser in your small bedroom, hanging a mirror above it is an ideal way to add style and dimension to the space. This will draw attention to the area and give it a more spacious look. You can also hang multiple mirrors around the dresser for extra impact.
In An Empty Corner
Hanging a mirror in an empty corner of your small bedroom is an excellent way to make use of wasted space. A large or full-length mirror will draw attention away from the size of the room and open up the area with its reflective properties.
You could also choose to create an interesting display by hanging several smaller mirrors in different shapes and sizes in the corner.
On A Sliding Door
If you have a sliding door in your small bedroom, hanging a mirror on it can make the room look much bigger. This will also give you more options for styling and decorating the space as you can easily move around the mirror if needed.
You can choose from full-length mirrors or smaller decorative pieces to create your desired effect.
Above The Nightstand
Hanging a mirror above your nightstand is another great way to make small bedrooms appear larger.
This will draw attention away from the size of the room by reflecting light into the area and creating an illusion of extra space. You could even hang multiple mirrors around the nightstand to complete this look.
Additionally, having a mirror by your bedside will be convenient for when you get ready in the mornings .
Best Places To Hang A Mirror In Large-Sized Bedrooms
Mirrors in large-sized bedrooms can be quite tricky to hang, as the size of the room can make it difficult to work out what will look best in terms of balance and symmetry.
However, with some careful consideration and planning, you can find the perfect spot for your mirror. Here are a few ideas for where to hang a mirror in large-sized bedrooms:
- Above A Dresser – Place the mirror above or near a dresser to fill a wall without overcrowding it. This is also an ideal solution if you want to hide any imperfections on the walls while still creating a focal point.
- Opposite An Open Window – Hang your mirror opposite an open window to create more light and space in your bedroom. The reflection of the window will also make the room feel larger and brighter.
- Over An Upholstered Headboard – Use a mirror to draw attention to an upholstered headboard and create a visually pleasing focal point for your bedroom. You can also use the reflection of the headboard to show off any interesting textures or colors.
- Above A Fireplace – Hang a large, statement mirror above an existing fireplace for a stylish yet functional piece of decor in any large-sized bedroom. The combination will create a striking look that is sure to be admired by friends and family.
- As Wall Art – If you want something different, hang your mirror as wall art for a unique touch that won’t break the bank. The reflection of the mirror will create a stunning visual effect that is sure to be eye-catching and memorable.
Places You Should Never Hang A Mirror In A Bedroom
- Above a bed: Hanging a mirror directly above the bed can create an uncomfortably close reflection at eye level, as well as being potentially dangerous if it were to fall off the wall in the night.
- Near an open window or door: The sunlight reflecting off of a large mirror can be blinding and even damaging to your eyes. It’s best to keep mirrors away from windows and doors whenever possible.
- In front of a closet: If you hang a mirror in front of your closet, you will have difficulty getting dressed because you won’t be able to check what you’re wearing without having to look around the mirror.
- Opposite another mirror: Too many mirrors create a confusing reflection that can be dizzying and disorienting.5. In a room with poor lighting: Mirrors need good lighting to accurately and clearly reflect your image, so it’s not recommended to hang them in dimly lit rooms.
- Above furniture: Mirrors that are hung too high above furniture can make the furniture look smaller than it really is, which can make the room feel cramped or cluttered.
- In a hallway: Hallways tend to be narrow spaces, so adding a large mirror can make them feel even more cramped and difficult to navigate through. Additionally, mirrors in hallways can create a distracting glare when you pass by them quickly.
- On an unstable wall: It’s important to hang a mirror on a stable, secure wall so that it doesn’t fall off onto the floor. Always make sure your mirrors are properly secured and hung securely with the right hardware before hanging them.
- In high-traffic areas: Mirrors placed in high-traffic areas can cause accidents by reflecting distracting images or glare, so it is best to avoid placing them in such locations.
- On an exterior wall: Exterior walls tend to have more temperature fluctuation than interior walls, so they may not be suitable for hanging mirrors due to possible warping or damage from extreme temperatures. Additionally, moisture from the outside can also damage the mirror over time .
What Size Mirror Should You Get?
When it comes to selecting the right size mirror for your home, there are a few things to consider. The size of the room you plan to put the mirror in should be taken into account when choosing a size.
Generally speaking, larger rooms can accommodate bigger mirrors, while smaller spaces may need smaller ones.
Measure the area where you intend to hang your mirror and then compare those measurements to available sizes before purchasing. The type of decor you have in the room will also affect what size mirror is appropriate. If you have bold walls or furniture in your space, opt for a larger statement piece that will draw attention and make an impactful impression.
On the other hand, if your decor is more minimalist, a smaller mirror may work best. No matter what size you choose, make sure your mirror complements the room and fits comfortably within it. When you find the perfect fit, your home will look amazing!
Does Feng Shui Work for Placement of mirrors?
Although mirrors can be a prominent part of Feng Shui, their placement within a home or room is less about superstition and more about practicality. Mirrors are often used in Feng Shui to increase the flow of positive energy and to reflect light into dark corners, which encourages an overall feeling of balance in the space.
In terms of specific placement, mirrors should not face directly opposite any other reflective surfaces like windows, as this creates an imbalance in the energy.
The ideal placement for a mirror is at an angle where it reflects something beautiful and peaceful, such as a garden or landscape outside (or even inside). It’s also important to consider the size of the mirror relative to the size of the room, as a large mirror in a small space can have an overwhelming effect.
Ultimately, the best way to determine the optimal placement for Feng Shui mirrors is to use your intuition and see how it feels intuitively.
In conclusion, using Feng Shui principles for mirror placement is about creating positive energy flow within a room or home rather than following strict rules of superstition. It is important to consider both the size of the mirror and its relation to other reflective surfaces before deciding where to place it.
Ultimately, let your intuition guide you to create an atmosphere of harmony and balance.
Top 5 Benefits of Having a Large Wall Mirror
- Increased Light: A large wall mirror will help to reflect and bounce light around a room, creating the illusion of more space and an airier atmosphere. This is especially helpful in smaller rooms or dark spaces that lack natural light.
- Room Expansion: By placing a large wall mirror opposite a window, it can make a room appear larger than it actually is by reflecting the outdoors into the indoors. Not only does this give your guests more visual stimulation, but it can also make you feel like you’re living in a much bigger space.
- Home Decor Focus: With its grand size, a large wall mirror can become the centerpiece of any room. Whether hung above the fireplace mantel or used as a dramatic entryway feature, it’s sure to become the focal point and draw attention.
- Fashion Flexibility: A large wall mirror is an easy way to give any outfit a quick check-over or preening before you walk out the door. Plus, it can also be moved around from room to room depending on your needs—making it one of the most versatile decor pieces in your home.
- Increased Storage Space: If you choose a wall mirror with hidden storage, this not only adds convenience but can help declutter countertops, vanities, and shelves by providing additional space for items like jewelry boxes, cosmetics, etc. This type of mirror is especially useful in bedrooms where extra storage can come in handy .
Where should mirrors be placed in the bedroom?
Mirrors should be placed in areas that don’t block natural light, such as opposite a window or near a source of artificial light. Ideally, the mirror shouldn’t reflect too much of your bed or other furniture, so avoid placing it directly across from these objects. Consider also how you want to use it; for example, if you like to check your hair and makeup during the day, consider hanging one above a dresser or vanity.
Finally, make sure the mirror is at an appropriate height – not so low that you have to hunch over to see yourself!
Where should you not hang a mirror in a bedroom?
When decorating with mirrors, it’s important to observe the principles of Feng Shui. Avoid placing a mirror directly across from your bed as it can cause restlessness and bad energy.
Additionally, avoid hanging a mirror near the door or any other air vents, as this can disrupt the flow of energy and cause bad luck. Finally, never hang a mirror in direct sunlight – over time, this will damage its reflective surface.
How do I make my bedroom reflect my style?
There are many simple ways to add personal flair to your bedroom through décor and furnishings. Start by choosing colors and textures that you love; for example, select bold statement walls or furniture pieces such as an armchair or beanbag chair in a color or pattern that speaks to you. Next, select pieces that reflect your interests and personality.
For example, if you’re an avid traveler, consider adding travel-inspired art to the walls or a map of the world over your bed.
Finally, accessorize with items such as plants, pillows, and rugs – these small touches will add warmth and personality to your bedroom!
Useful Video: Mirrors In The Bedroom: 3 Feng Shui Myths Explained
A mirror in a bedroom is an essential element that can be used for both practical and decorative purposes. It helps people look their best and it is often the first part of the room they stop to admire, making it an important factor in how comfortable we feel when entering a bedroom. By mixing mirrors with other elements such as furniture, artwork, and lighting, you can create a unique atmosphere that reflects your personality and style. Additionally, many modern styles offer mirror designs with interesting shapes or patterns which add visual interest and character to any space.